Note: If you are Keto Beginner then we have some guidance and tips for you. Also we compiled more KETO RECIPES for you. CLICK HERE
Rhubarb crumble – makes 4 bowls as shown in picture
lemon juice 10ml
xanthan gum 1/2 tsp
psyllium husk 15g
xanthan gum 1/2 tsp
baking powder 1/2 tsp ~200g super fine almond flour
double cream 4 tbsp
2 egg yolks
vanilla extract 1 tsp
icing erythritol 10g
- Cut rhubarb into 2-inch long strips.
- Add water and cook until turning into a stringy soup mixture which takes about 20mins.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix xylitol and xanthan gum.
- Stir in quickly to stop it getting lumpy. Cool down
- Get your hands dirty now like playing play dough.
- Mix the dry bit first, then add butter.
- Now add Almond flour at all it is about 200g but keep adding it until crumbs are formed
- dry to touch.
- Cook at a very low heat and keep stirring with a silicone spatula to stop egg yolk from curdling.
- You have to remove it from heat as soon as you see the mixture is thickened.
- Remember to be fast
Cool down Rhubarb mixture in a small bowl and put Crumbs on top and it is ready to go in the oven. Bake at 170C for 45 minutes or until golden brown
IMPORTANT NOTE: if you are new to Keto please remind
If you are in ketosis and eat outside of this food group not only could it take you out of ketosis, but it could spike your blood sugar! Which can make you sick.
I intermittent fast 5 times a week (after month 1) – nothing to eat that’s over 50 calories from 6:30PM – 12:30PM, NEXT DAY. I have my coffee with HWC and drink my water. You will find you are not hungry once you are in ketosis.
Signs of being in ketosis: THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE!
Bad headache after 1st week – known as keto flu (see electrolyte suggestions above to get rid of it). Metal taste or bad taste in mouth.
IF YOU ARE NEW TO KETO THEN CHECK SOME RECOMMEND FRUITS AND VEGETABLES ETC AND Dos and Don’ts of KETOGENIC Diet for Beginner – Click below