8g net carbs
16g protein per serving.
- 5 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 oz shredded cheese (cheddar, Colby, anything you have!)
- 2 oz of bacon or more, chopped into bits and cooled.
- four large jalapeños
Note that filling amounts can be varied, any extra makes a good dip or is delicious eaten on its own.
- Cut your jalapeños in half, scoop out seeds.
- Mix softened cream cheese with your choice of shredded cheese, I used mozzarella because it was in the fridge but any shredded cheese will do, this is mostly to ind the cream cheese and melt nicely.
- Mix about 2/3 of your bacon into the mixture, add garlic powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika— spices are optional and you can do and add whatever you want here, you know what to do.
- Fill and stuff the jalapeño halves with a spoon and press into the shell with your fingers.
- Using the reserved bacon portion, press bacon bits into the tops of the peppers.
- Sprinkle peppers with smoke paprika, cilantro, and pepper.
- Chill for 30 min to an hour.
- Bake for approx 20 minutes at 400, I broiled mine at the end with close supervision.
Saving bacon bits and pressing onto the top seems extra, or like it’s just to make it look good, and it does but mostly it adds a really delicious crunch to the tops of these.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if you are new to Keto please remind
If you are in ketosis and eat outside of this food group not only could it take you out of ketosis, but it could spike your blood sugar! Which can make you sick.
I intermittent fast 5 times a week (after month 1) – nothing to eat that’s over 50 calories from 6:30PM – 12:30PM, NEXT DAY. I have my coffee with HWC and drink my water. You will find you are not hungry once you are in ketosis.
Signs of being in ketosis: THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE!
Bad headache after 1st week – known as keto flu (see electrolyte suggestions above to get rid of it). Metal taste or bad taste in mouth.
IF YOU ARE NEW TO KETO THEN CHECK SOME RECOMMEND FRUITS AND VEGETABLES ETC AND Dos and Don’ts of KETOGENIC Diet for Beginner – Click below