Note: If you are Keto Beginner then we have some guidance and tips for you. Also we compiled more KETO RECIPES for you. CLICK HERE
1.5-2 cups of almond flour (I used super fine, and did more like 2 cups for a thicker cookie)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (this is a MUST)
1 full stick of butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
3/4 cup of your favorite keto sugar (i would stay away from stevia liquid, I used swerve)
3/4 cup Lilly’s chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C (355 F). Microwave the butter for 30 seconds to melt, but it shouldn’t be hot.
- Place the butter into a mixing bowl and beat with the erythritol. Add the vanilla and egg, mix on low for another 15 seconds exactly.
- Add the almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Press the dough together and remove from the bowl. Combine the chocolate chips into the dough with your hands.
- Roll the dough (or use a small ice cream scoop) to Make 12 balls and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 mins (or I did 20)
- Let them cool and serve. Keep in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Okay so I baked mine at 15/20 min because my oven sucks. I also broiled the tops for a browner look, you don’t have to, but they will be soft, that’s why I added the extra almond flour.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if you are new to Keto please remind
If you are in ketosis and eat outside of this food group not only could it take you out of ketosis, but it could spike your blood sugar! Which can make you sick.
I intermittent fast 5 times a week (after month 1) – nothing to eat that’s over 50 calories from 6:30PM – 12:30PM, NEXT DAY. I have my coffee with HWC and drink my water. You will find you are not hungry once you are in ketosis.
Signs of being in ketosis: THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE! Bad headache after 1st week – known as keto flu (see electrolyte suggestions above to get rid of it). Metal taste or bad taste in mouth.
Also Check out a guidelines for KETO NEWBIE, CLICK BELOW