Repeated 4 to 5 Mcqs per Paper
PAST PAPER BCQS ONE LINES BY Dr. KIM
· Most sensitive and specific for liver necrosis is →ALT.
· Hemoglobin binds with → HEPTOGLOBIN, and hemebinds with HEMOPEXIN.
· Neural tube defect confirmatory test ACETYLCHOLINE ESTRASE more specific than AFP.
· For fetal lung maturity in pregnant womanàBetamethasone prophylaxis is given.
· Mother child bonding → FosB gene.
· Heparin leads to __Hyperkalemia.
· Right bronchial artery is One and supplied by à3rd right posterior intercostle artery
and on left side there are two bronchial arteries that arises from aorta. REF, RJ LAST.
· After moderate hemorrhage Serum proteins return to normal in ___3 to 4 days. REF, Ganong.
· SPHENOID bone is an example of PNEUMATIC bone.
· Bacteria adhere to cell membrane by →pilli.
· Metastatic calcification is an important feature of hyperparathyroidism but it can also occur in Hypoparathyroidism.
· Coronary arteries anatomose at →Arteriolar level.
· During appendectomy →illeohypogastric nerve is most likely damaged..
· Glucose is primary source of energy for àfetal metabolism.
· During liver cirrhosis àcaudate lobe is more likely preserved.
· Body Tempratre is regulated bypreoptic area of anterior hypothalamus.
· PR depression is more specific for àPERICARDITIS.
· Small gut resection increase absorption and urinary excretion of oxalate leading to kidney stone formation REFRENCE →Davidson.
· Urine out put of normal adult is à1.5L.
· Meisner corpuscle àtactile two point discrimination.
· In Infectious mononucleosis à Infected cells are Bcells and Atypical lymphocytes or activated cells are →CD8+ Tcells.
· EXERCISING skeletal muscle does NOT depent on INSULIN for glucose uptake .Ref →Sherwood.
· 10% of Erythropoitin is also synthesized by liver besides kidney While Globulins are entirely synthesized by plasma cell.
· Deficiency of factor 12 leads to Thrombosis inspite of bleeding.
· Factor v laden or factor v mutation leads to thrombosis.
· Factor v deficiency leads to bleeding.
· Normal mitral valve area is 4 to 6 cm2.
· EntameobaHistolytica lesion most common in →Cecum.
· Submandibular gland surgery nerve most common damaged is marginal mandibular branch of fascialnerve ,other nerves involved includes Lingual, hypoglossal, and myelohyoid nerve .
· Gastric ulcers most common on lesser curvature near incisura angularis.
· Increasese activity seen where before the start of movement→
Cortical association areas.
· PT is best indicator of hepatic synthesis function.
· Of all free radicals HYDROXY -OH group is most reactive.
· Libman sac endocarditis involves mitral and Aortic valves .
· Most common nerve damaged during Thyroidectomy is External laryngeal nerve.
· PUBERTAL changes in order of sequence
· Slowly depolarizing prepotential →SA node.
· Most→common→complicationof →TPN→HYPERGLYCEMIA.
· In RBC cell membrane, Chloride &Bicarb exchange occurs through→ Band 3.
· SUBMUCOSA strongest layer of →SMALL INTESTINE.
· Total spems produced by two testes perday →120 million.
· HYPERCALCEMIA→and→HYPOKALEMIA → SYSTOLIC→heart-failure andHYPOCALCEMIA and HYPERKALEMIA →DIASTOLIC heart failure.
· The medial geniculate body a thalamic nucleus→Lies on mid brain.
· Least→irritating→substance→when→free→in→peritoneal-cavity is→BLOOD.
· Scurvy can lead to HEMOPERICARDIUM.
· Formaldehyde is used to preventà autolysis.
· Ependyma has NoàBasement membrane.
· Frontal lobe leison →Lack of motivation.
· Classic hemophillia deficiency of SMALLER component of factor VIII.
· DEEP sleep àLoss of peripheral vascular tone and REM sleep loss of →muscular tone.
· Shortest pro-erythrocytic phase plasmodium FALCIPARUM and longest plasmodiumMALARIAE.
· Group of muscles involved in Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy àDELTOID.
· A patient is started on lithium noticesfasiculationinhand muscles after few weeks of treatment blood lithium level was tested and most likely isGreater than à 2.
· Pubic hair development due to Andrenal androgen.
· To calculate plasma OsmolarityNa is multiplied by 2 à Anions.
· Washed RBcs preventà allergic reaction.
· Short acting benzodiazepines include midazolam and triazolam.
· Where is the pace maker if no p wave present on ecgàAV node.
· Most specific test for SLE is Anti-smith antibodies followed by Anti-DsDNA. And most sensitive is ANA.
· The most specific diagnostic test for HIT → Serotonin Release Assay.
· The Gold Standard Diagnostic Test for H.Pylori Infection → Microbial Culture.
· In acute liver failure best prognostic indicator is PT followed by Factor v estimation.
· Which of the following is notcharacteristic of hypopituitarismàCACHEXIA.
· Which of the following is secreted from All three zones of Adrenal cortex àCORTICOSTERONE.
· In Newborn organ with almost same size of adult àINNER EAR.
· Hormone produced in normal concentration during pregnancyàGH.
· 21 year old having severe ulcerative colitis which of the following is indicated àIv corticosteroids.
· Most common type of glomerulonrphritisàIga nephropathy.
· Spinal cord is suspended in the middle of the dural sheath by →Ligamentum Denticulatum.
· Knee Jerk → L3 , L4àIf L3, L4 aren’t given as such , but L3 alone is given in options → Mark L3 → Main contributor of Knee Jerk is L3.
· Remnant of epiphyseal plate is Epiphyseal line.
· Reverse t3 is abundant in body of àfetus .
· Most important cells of chronic inflammationàMacrophages and most abundant Lymphocytes.
· Most common acquired thrombotic disorder is =anti-phospholipidsyndrome,While most common inherited disorder is =factor V Mutation (laiden).
· Leucocyte alkaline phosphatase (LAP) is high inàLeukamoid reaction.
· In liver cell injury, the enzyme decreased isàpseudocholinestrase.
· After partial hepatectomy Regeneration takes à5 to 7 days in total.
· Superficial dorsal vein of penis drain into saphenous vein andDeep dorsal vein into prostatic plexus known as plexus of santoriniàinternal illiac vein.
· The most frequent cause of pyogeniclivwrabcess isàAscendingcholengitis.
· Moderate hemorrhage leads to àpostural dizziness.
· Cerebellar lesion will not lead toàMuscle paralysis.
· Hypercalcemia will lead to formation ofà24,25hydroxicholecaliciferol.
· Inc.serium calcium causesàpolyuria.
· Dermatome from infraclavicular to sternal angle →C4.
· Levodopa in parksinson causes àOrthostatichypotention.
· Most common measure of central tendencyàMean.
· Facial pain hyperacusesganlion involved àGeniculate (Rampsay hunt syndrome).
· Left 7th bronchopulmonary segment is calledàmedial basal.
· Mediastinal pleura supplied by àphrenic nerve.
· All short muscles of hand involved →C8T1and if Lateral part of thenareminance spared →ulnar.
· which of the following is the Alactacidoxigen debt à3.5 liter.
· Enzyme inhibitor isàgrape fruit juice.
· Liver angiosarcoma most common cause is Vinylchloride and in farmers it is Arsenic.
· Deep inspiration leads to increaseà pulmonary compliance.
· Dry heat kills bacteria byàoxidation and moist heat by Coagulation of protein.
· After vagotomy of stomach paristalsis become irregular or chaotic.
· After complete transaction of small intestine has little or no effect on peristalsis.
· Hypermagnessemia causesàDec Ach release.
· Neuronal excitability àalkalosis.
· Acidosis depress nerve excitability.
· Cld and varicealbleedingàTerlipressin as Terlipressin has much more mortality benifit over Octreotide.
· Pulsation swelling behind orbit with proptosisàCavernous sinus fistula.
· The infection with clostridium tetani spreads viaàmotor nerves.
· Hypo-cellular bone marrow with fatty changeàAplasticanaemia.
· Maximum cortical representationà lips.
· Liver disease is most fatal in pregnancyàFatty liver disease of pregnancy.
· Hilar dance à ASD.
· Common complication of diabetes #Dry gangrene (ref #Asim) and Diabetic foot is an example of →wet gangrene(ref Harsh mohan)
· RinG finGer has Got sensorysupply from all three nerves i.eulnar /radial /medain
Thumb has Gotmotor supply from all three nerves.
· Which of the following is the commonest location of hypertensive hemorrhage___Putamen.
· circadian rhythm bronchoconstriction maximum in____Morning .
· SpleNum beloNgs to →Corpus collosum,
· Folium belongs to →Cerebellum .
· Insula is present in →Lateral sulcus.
· S1 louder in which conditionà PR interval less than normal.
· Most common presentation of pulmonary emboli is___clinically silent.
· During lumbar sympathectomy which ganglion is to be saved____L1.
· Minimum amount of urine in dehydration to remove waste products____400 to 500 ml
· Dead space increase in___Hypotension.
· Spinal-Cord ends at (conusmedullaris)→L1 level.
· Filumterminale(internum)extention of pial matter ends at →S2 level.
· Arachnoid matter ends at →S2 level.
· Coccygeal ligament extention of dura matter (filumterminaleexternum) starts from #s2 and and ends at Coccyx Coccygeal segment of spinal cord lies at L1 level.